Traffic Tips - How to Drive Traffic from Instagram to your Website
Mar 14, 2019
Social media has undeniably changed the marketing game for every businesses today.
If you’re a local business owner who thinks being on Facebook and Google is enough, you’re wrong.
Facebook is great, it’s sexy... but let me remind you, something out there is sexier - INSTAGRAM!
Instagram has been around since 2010 and this platform just keeps growing insanely over the years.
Today, we’re going to talk about a trend in this social platform that could drive tremendous amount of traffic to your website…
Now, Instagram, UNLIKE any other social platforms, only allows one clickable website link, (yes, ONE!) and that is the link in the bio.
So, how does one clickable link help you drive traffic to your website?
I can share tips like “Make sure that your contents are rich and attractive,” “Post consistently”, “Use relevant hashtags”,etc… but we’ll talk more about that next time.
What we’re talking about today is this big Instagram trend which wont be this dying anytime soon --- INSTAGRAM STORIES.
An experiment done by Adespresso, showed that Instagram stories have higher click-through rate (compared to Instagram Posts in Instagram Feeds) therefore sending more traffic to their website.
Why Instagram Stories Work?
- It’s strategically placed on top of the IG feeds, making it difficult for the IG user to miss people’s/businesses stories for the day…
- IG stories are only available for 24 hours, giving some users a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out)
- It’s fun! IG users can add filters, countdown timers, polls, questions to their stories
- You can sync your IG stories to Facebook stories- this just makes life easier ;)
- IG stories present a more ‘authentic and less-curated’ feel which build deeper level connection to your followers
How do I drive website traffic from Instagram ?
- Add a straightforward profile summary and a clear call to action in your bio- these two pieces of information are what people see first, so they better be great and compelling
- Always have a clear call-to-action in your stories- fun and creative stories with a clear call to action are important factors to website traffic from Instagram. From IG stories, invite your followers to go to your website, check out your latest post, click the link in your bio or to simply swipe up to know more.
- Add sales, promos, updates and teaser videos/posts in your IG stories. If you have an Instagram business account and has at least 10K followers, use the power of SWIPE UP. That then takes the viewers away from IG story interface and leads them to your website or landing page. If you have less than 10K followers, you won’t have the ‘swipe up’ option but you can always direct your followers to check out the link in your bio. Use ‘Link in Bio’ stickers and GIFs to make it more fun.
- IG posts can now be added to IG stories. You can always maximize the reach of high performing or sales posts by adding them to your stories
- Geo-tag your stories- stories with locations added to them will also appear in the location stories of Instagram. (This only works for public accounts). This is also a neat trick for local businesses wanting to gain more exposure in the local scene
- Make use of story highlights - got upcoming promotions for your business? Evergreen offers you don’t want your followers to forget about? Add them as highlighted stories and your followers can easily access them in your profile
With IG stories’ organic reach continually increasing, it would be a waste not to use this fun feature.
Stay tuned for more traffic tips in the coming weeks.
Combat Business Success
Get our exclusive Tips & FREE Info